The Antidote Social is a space for conversation, connection and community (CCC). Service users can catch up with each other, meet old and make new friends in safe *sober spaces over a cuppa. We usually visit museums for LGBT exhibitions, or venture outdoors for some fresh air and connection with nature. We are always open to new suggestions.
All attendees must have already completed an initial antidote assessment prior to attending.
*This is not a drop-in service, for structured support please attend our Monday & Thursday drop-ins.
*Some venues we visit might sell alcohol, however the antidote socials are always sober events.
WHEN: Usually once a month. Times and dates may vary.
WHERE: Location changes each month.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Some highlights this year have been: a queer tour of Hampton Court Palace, The Crown to Couture Exhibition at Kensington Palace and Kew Gardens.
The Antidote Social Etiquette:
- Please attend sober and to not have recently used or be on a comedown.
- Please remember that this is not a drop-in service, limit talk about drug/alcohol use as it may be triggering for others.
- Please have phones switched off or on silent where possible, no recording or taking photos.
- Please respect everyone’s right to privacy and confidentiality, what is discussed between service users at the social should remain that way.
- Please respect each others differences and remember that any form of discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Please enjoy and have fun. This is all about socialising and meeting new people.
- A reminder that all antidote socials are sober events.
If you have access requirements please let us know in advance. Please see our accessibility statement here.
To find out about the next social, offer a suggestion or to link us in with someone from an organisation that might be a great social outing, contact: email@example.com.