This course provides an introduction to transgender issues and how services can best support their trans service users effectively and sensitively. It offers more in-depth and trans-specific learning than our Improving LGBT Competence course.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- aspects of trans identities and terminology
- transitioning and gender reassignment
- research and evidence of trans health and support needs
- Public Sector Equality Duties in relation to the Act’s ‘protected characteristic’ of gender reassignment
- the Gender Recognition Act 2004
- the Equality Act 2010
WHO IT IS AIMED AT
The course is ideal for an introduction to trans issues for all staff and managers working with trans people in a wide range of services such as substance misuse, housing, mental health, sexual health and generic support, as well as anyone seeking to improve their knowledge of issues affecting trans people.
To discuss the training needs of your organisation please contact Monty Moncrieff on 020 7833 1674 or email.