APPLY TO BE A VOLUNTEER COUNSELLOR
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for London Friend as a counsellor. Please complete the application form below and we will get in touch shortly to discuss your application. If you would like to apply to be a volunteer supervisor, please click here. If you have any questions about completing this form, please contact the counselling service on email@example.com.
Please note before filling in the form:
London Friend provides time-limited counselling to LGBT clients and require all volunteer counsellors to identity as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Trans. In addition, candidates must demonstrate:
- Experience of counselling training or provision.
- Have achieved a minimum of 2nd year of a recognised, accredited counselling diploma course.
- At least 30 hours experience of supervised counselling practice prior to application.
- An awareness of issues affecting LGBT people and an awareness of their own attitudes and experiences of their own sexual orientation or gender identity and how these may affect the counselling relations.
- An awareness of issues associated with problematic drug and/or alcohol use.
- Candidates who do not fulfil all of the criteria but have demonstrable relevant experience and identify as LGBT may be considered. For more information on being a volunteer counsellor for London Friend, please download the Counselling role description for counsellors.
- Due to the nature of the work undertaken by London Friend we cannot offer volunteer positions to anyone with a personal history of addiction unless they completed rehabilitation or ceased drug or alcohol misuse for a minimum of two years.
- We particularly encourage applications from people of colour, trans and non binary people to help us best reflect our communities.
If you would like to apply to be a counsellor with London Friend: