Axis – Satellite Chemsex Clinic
The Axis Clinic is an Antidote Satellite chemsex clinic in the heart of South London, is based at the Caldecot Centre, and is a collaboration between the Antidote LGBT drug & alcohol service, working with Kings College Hospital sexual health and HIV support team; and the HIV mental health liaison team from South London and Maudsley.
The Axis Clinic has been created to provide support for the LGBT community who are experiencing issues with chemsex, and support is offered through a range of interventions aimed at supporting clients to achieve more positive outcomes in relation to HIV prevention and management, sexual health, mental health and substance (mis) use.
Services offered at the clinic include:
- A dedicated sexual health clinic for men who have sex with men and transgender women
- Advice, support and access to PrEP and PEP
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections, HIV, Hepatitis B and C (Self screening or by appointment)
- Vaccination for hepatitis A and B
- Links into to HIV & hepatitis services at King’s College Hospital
- Chemsex harm reduction advice, information, interventions and, where necessary, referral into support services
- Advice, interventions and triage ( where necessary ) for HIV+ clients whose mental health may have been compromised as a result of Chem use
- Advice and information for patients whose risk behaviour could lead them to become HIV positive.
- Psychiatric assessments and referral on as required
- Access to sexual health peer mentoring
The Axis Clinic is predominantly a service for clients who would like advice, information and, support around chemsex. Appointments are 30 minutes slots. This service is for Lambeth and Southwark residents.
The Axis Clinic runs on Tuesday evenings from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm is currently based at:
15-22 Caldecot Rd, Camberwell, London SE5 9RS
To make an appointment please call 020 3299 5000 option 2 and option 3. For further information please contact Julian by emailing email@example.com.