Healthy LGBT Lives
It is essential that local authorities, commissioning groups, partnerships and providers can understand and meet their requirements under the Equality Act and Public Sector Equality Duties, and provide a timely opportunity to reflect on LGBT inclusion as the local health and social care landscape alters.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- The main health inequalities experienced by LGBT people
- Examining the evidence base and filling in the gaps
- Barriers to accessing mainstream provision
- How to ensure that LGBT needs are assessed, included and monitored in Joint Strategic Needs Assessments (JSNAs), Joint Health and Wellbeing (JHWBs), service specifications, tendering and contract monitoring
- It also looks at how to engage LGBT people in the planning, delivery and evaluation of your services, including emerging mechanisms and structures such as Health Watch and the NHS Equality Delivery System
WHO IT IS AIMED AT
This course is aimed at senior managers, local leads for strategic health and well-being, Directors of Public Health, equality & diversity officers and others involved in planning and delivering health and social care services to generic populations.
To discuss the training needs of your organisation please contact Monty Moncrieff on 020 7833 1674 or email