DOMESTIC ABUSE COUNSELLING
London Friend is a member of the London LGBT Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP)
. The DAP is a way for LGBT people who have experienced domestic abuse to get the maximum amount of help with a minimum amount of hassle. The DAP is open to any LGBT person experiencing domestic violence who is living or working in London.
If you are interested in Online Support please also make sure to read about the set-up of the sessions and technical requirements here.
About Domestic Abuse
Domestic abuse is any kind of threatening behaviour, violence, or abuse between people who have been intimate partners or family members. This includes forced marriage, abuse relating to gender identity or sexuality and so-called honour based violence. Domestic abuse can occur between current or former intimate partners, in the home, or in the family.
Domestic abuse can take many forms, including psychological, physical, sexual, financial and emotional abuse. Find out how to tell if you are experiencing it and what to do if you are.
Does your partner, ex-partner, or a family member:
- Call you names, threaten to ‘out’ you, or use put-downs?
- Use your gender or sexuality as a basis for threats or harm?
- Damage your property?
- Threaten to harm you or others that you love?
- Control your access to money?
- Make unwanted advances or force you into unwanted sexual contact?
- Hit, shove, grab, kick, throw things, or use other forms of physical violence on you?
- Control your contact with friends, family, work, or the LGBT ‘scene’?
- Make you doubt your own truth/reality by manipulating you or your environment ("gaslighting")?
- Threaten to harm themselves if you leave or seek help?
If so, you might be experiencing domestic abuse. The LGBT Domestic Abuse Partnership can help.
Domestic Abuse Counselling
London Friend provides free specialist counselling to LGBT people who have experienced domestic abuse.
As part of the London LGBT Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP) we can offer free counselling to LGBT people who have experienced domestic abuse.
The service offers up to 12 weeks of counselling with an experienced therapist specialising in domestic abuse. If you would like to make a referral into the domestic abuse counselling service please call Jaye on 020 7833 1674 or email
For information about our general LGBT counselling service click here