London Friend provides time-limited counselling to LGBT clients and require all volunteer counsellors to identity as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Trans. We are currently looking for volunteer counsellor for face to face work as well for our online video counselling. In addition, candidates must demonstrate:
- Experience of counselling training or provision.
- Have achieved a minimum of 2nd year of a recognised counselling diploma course.
- At least 30 hours experience of supervised counselling practice prior to application.
- An awareness of issues affecting LGB&T people and an awareness of their own attitudes and experiences of their own sexual orientation or gender identity and how these may affect the counselling relations.
- An awareness of issues associated with problematic drug and/or alcohol use.
- Candidates who do not fulfil all of the criteria but have demonstrable relevant experience and identify as LGB&T may be considered.
- For more information on being a face to face volunteer counsellor for London Friend, please download the Counselling role description for counsellors.
- For more information on being an online video volunteer counsellor for London Friend, please download the Online Video Counselling role description for counsellors.
If you would like to apply to be a counsellor with London Friend:
- We are currently having technical problems with the online application form. Please use the downloadable form below to apply.
- Download and fill in the Volunteer-Counsellor-Application and email it to: email@example.com