Once you have acknowledged that your drug & alcohol use has become a problem for you, and is effecting your general wellbeing and other aspects of your life, an important first step is to create a simple overview or plan of action that you can put in place to help you identify some goals that will minimise any impact on your physical & psychological health.
The Decisonal Balance is a simple tool that can support you in this, as well as help you identify any barriers to reaching your goals, as well the support you may require to help you achieve them.
The Decisonal Balance is broken down into several parts that include:
- Setting some simple goals
- Identifying the importance or reaching these goals as well as your confidence level
- A review of the pros & cons of using drugs & alcohol
- Identifying what you may need to help you achieve your goals, and any obstacles you may have to think about.
- To help you see the support you already have around you, as well as identifying any additional support you may need to both consider and put in place.
To support you in setting goals that relate to your own individual needs, you can download a copy of the Decisional Balance here and complete it for yourself to help you take those first important steps to improving your physical & psychological wellbeing.