NEURODIVERGENT GROUP CODE OF CONDUCT
Please remember the rules that we all agreed upon
and devised together when the group was
founded, they are for the protection of all service
users, participants and organisers.
1. COMPASSION & TOLERANCE - not everyone will
behave in a manner that is always comfortable, please
remember we are all neurodiverse, and show
2. LISTEN - we know this isn’t always easy and we are
eager to say something, but please try.
3. RESPECT PRONOUNS - we don’t ask you to tell us your
pronouns, but whatever pronoun someone uses, you
must respect it. TRANPHOBIA WILL NOT BE
4. TAKE TURNS TO SPEAK - we go around the circle in
one direction only and we do not interrupt or break the
5. OFFER FEEDBACK ONLY ON REQUEST - but only
when it is your turn to speak.
6. RESPECT BOUNDARIES - this includes physical touch,
and may extend to handshaking. Don’t be offended if
someone doesn’t want to shake your hand.
7.PHONES ON SILENT AND IN POCKET - this is a matter
of respect for the group.
8. CONFIDENTIALITY & TRUST - do not reveal to anyone
outside of the group who you met in this group.
9. DON’T ASSUME - please try not to categorise people
according to presumed labels about gender, sexuality, or
neurodiversity. Everyone has their own story.
10.USE “I” LANGUAGE NOT “WE” - try not to generalise
about the neurodiverse experience. If you’ve met one
autistic person you’ve met one autistic person.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY
QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE
RULES TO THE ORGANISERS
DURING THE BREAK.