Developing trans competence
This course provides an introduction to transgender issues and how services can best support their trans service users effectively and sensitively. It offers more in-depth and trans-specific learning than our Improving LGB&T Competence course.
What the course covers
- aspects of trans identities and terminology
- transitioning and gender reassignment
- research and evidence of trans health and support needs
- Public Sector Equality Duties in relation to the Act’s ‘protected characteristic’ of gender reassignment
- the Gender Recognition Act 2004
- the Equality Act 2010
Who it’s aimed at
The course is ideal for an introduction to trans issues for all staff and managers working with trans people in a wide range of services such as substance misuse, housing, mental health, sexual health and generic support, as well as anyone seeking to improve their knowledge of issues affecting trans people.