Contact us to discuss your drug or alcohol issues on 020 7833 1674 (10am-6pm, Monday to Friday). Ask for one of the Antidote Team.
Worried about your drug or alcohol use?
We can help – whether you (or someone you know) wants to quit, are thinking of cutting down, or if you’d just like some support or advice
about playing more safely.
Antidote is the UK’s only LGB&T run and targeted drug
and alcohol support service. Set up over 10 years ago, we
work with both drug and alcohol users and healthcare
professionals. We’re here to give non-judgemental free
advice and support delivered by highly trained staff and
volunteers – all of whom identify as LGB or T, and who have
a good understanding of the pressures and problems
that come with recreational drug or alcohol use.
- A structured weekend programme
- One-to-one key working to address immediate drug and alcohol support needs
- Referral to detox clinics and prescribing centres
- Referral to our counselling service
- Drop-ins to discuss drug and alcohol issues, sexual health and steroid use issues
- A telephone advice helpline
- Training and support for healthcare professionals
- Women workers are available across the service.
The Antidote service is funded by Big Lottery’s Reaching Communities programme. This programme is designed to achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- People having better chances in life, with better access to training and development to improve their life skills.
- Stronger communities, with more active citizens working together to tackle their problems.
- Improved rural and urban environments, which communities are better able to access and enjoy.
- Healthier and more active people and communities.