Co-Exist - living with HIV & Hepatitis C
London Friend would like to invite gay and bisexual men living with both HIV and Hepatitis C to a discussion around the future provision of a Peer Support Group. This initial session will help assess need and inform the content and design of this new group.
This session will be held on Tuesday 8th September 6.30 – 8.00pm at London Friend, 86 Caledonian Road, N1 9DN.
The group aims to:
- Provide support and understanding.
- Offer a safe place and a comfortable environment.
- Create support systems and perhaps create new friendships.
- Share experiences and learn how to live well with co-infection.
- Build coping mechanisms to deal with difficult feelings.
- Breakdown the sense of isolation felt from living with co-infection.
The group will be facilitated by Joel, who for the last 16 years has worked in health and social care. Joel is also a qualified counsellor & writer for Baseline Magazine. Recently, Joel has successfully completed Hep C treatment, he has lived with HIV for 11 years, and so has a personal and professional understanding of what it means to live with co-infection.
This is open on a first come first serve basis to the first 15 people that book their place. For more information and to book your place please contact Joel: email@example.com